Hey guys!!! I’m not gonna lie to you I eat pasta like 3 times a year, it’s not because im so good staying away from carbs, I’ll eat it but I rarely cook it proactively. Unless I get the urge for my special cilantro-jalapeño pasta!!! I love it!!! and if you havent figured it out yet I’m mexican and I love my spicy food, sometimes I’ll trow in some jalapeños into my salad just to give it a little spice. which makes this spaghetti insanely delicious, lots of flavor low calories.
Serves about 6.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti noodles
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons I can’t believe it’s not butter
- 1/2 cup light cream
- About 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese.
- 1 jalapeno, cut in half and seeded (or 2 for a more spicy taste)
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 bouillon cube
- About 2/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 crushed garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al-dente, about 8 minutes. Rinse and set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt not-butter in a 3-quart pan over medium heat. In the blender puree the garlic cloves, onion, cilantro and jalapeños. Add in the bouillon cubes, light cream and the light milk, 1/4 cup at a time, then blend until mixed well and taste. move to a warm pan and let it cook for a couple of minutes without reaching boil, Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Stir the noodles into the sauce and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving (about 3/4 cup):
Fat: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 44.5 grams
Fiber: 2.25 grams
Protein: 13 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 10
Sorry for the pictures guys my kitchen has horrible light, and by now you know I’m not exactly a food blogger LOL. But you get the idea right?